Friday, July 31, 2009

Eric Hall Memorial Fund/ 4-H Schlorship




Amanda K. Carter

A $500 scholarship has been awarded to a Thomas County 4-H S.A.F.E. (Shooting, Awareness, Fun, and Education) member.

Gordon MacQuirter, received the Eric Hall Memorial Fund/4-H scholarship. MacQuiter, is a recent Thomas County Central High School graduate and a Thomas County 4-H S.A.F.E. member. He is the son of Danny and Kathy MacQuirter.

“4-H and shooting sports activities has helped me to be able to focus on other people’s achievements, and not just on my own. It has given me better sportsmanship so that I can cheer on my fellow shooters and one day I would like to either coach or instruct younger people shooting either in 4-H or in private lessons or hopefully in both. I would like to do that as my second job or after I retire” MacQuiter said.

MacQuirter is enrolled to attend Valdosta State University in the fall and has aspirations of becoming a dentist.

Thomas County 4-H would like to extend a sincere “Thank You” to The Eric Hall Memorial Fund. Without your dedication to the youth of Thomasville/Thomas County this scholarship would not have been possible.

For more information about 4-H, how to get involved, or to volunteer contact The University of Georgia/Thomas County Cooperative Extension office at 229-225-4130.

No comments: